The Skeleton download is a zip file (~27kb) containing all the CSS groundwork and JS goodies to get started on any web project.
The file structure for Skeleton is:
- index.html: The base html page that includes the necessary initial markup
- stylesheets (folder)
- base.css: Basic styles of Skeleton
- skeleton.css: The glorious Skeleton grid
- layout.css: File with no specific styles, but a variety of useful media queries
- tabs.js: Contains code for activating tabs and should house your site’s JS/jQuery (using Google’s CDN to pull in jQuery as well)
- plugins (folder): An empty directory for your jQuery plugins
- images (folder):
- favicon.ico: Standard 16×16 favicon
- apple-touch-icon (x3): All three sizes of Apple touch icons for iPhone 3, iPad and iPhone 4 with retina.
- robots.txt: SEO, search-crawler file. Don’t need to touch it, just there for your own good
- 404.html: Placeholder 404 page just to get you started